Under the general direction of the Tool Division Engineering Dept. and according to Company tooling standards, the Mold Designer will be responsible for creating complete 3D and 2D mold designs. Designs will include single and multi-cavity tooling, hot and cold runner tooling, side action and unscrewing tools, insert tooling, and two shot.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create accurate on time 3D mold designs with regards to machinability and cost.
• Create 2D drawings of mold designs.
• Evaluate customer product for moldability.
• Update existing mold designs for engineering changes and as built changes
• Participate in design review meetings
• Support Engineering Dept. and Die maintenance area with any design needs.
• Clear understanding and knowledge of plastic injection molds
• Experience with Unigraphics a MUST! (GW is currently using NX 7.5)
• Ability to handle multiple projects as once.
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Tool-making or machining experience is a plus.
• Mold-flow experience a plus, but will train the right candidate.